Before you buy used heavy equipment, you should know its history. Protect yourself from the risk of buying stolen equipment with IRONcheck from the National Equipment Register (NER). Use IRONcheck when you buy or bid on heavy equipment online, through classified ads, or at auction. IRONcheck is also helpful when you’re accepting equipment as trade-in or on consignment and listing your own equipment, to make prospective buyers more comfortable.
An IRONcheck search takes only minutes and can cost as little as $29.95 (with discounts for bulk purchases). Skipping it can cost thousands of dollars and cause problems for many months. A good purchase starts with a smart decision.
The full IRONcheck service includes:
- Access to more than 20 million heavy equipment theft and ownership records that you can use to establish product identification number (PIN) accuracy and history
- Support from trained NER analysts – with more than 75 years of combined experience in construction and agriculture – trained to spot inconsistencies within a PIN plate, model number, or visual inspection
- An IRONcheck report detailing any inaccuracies identified by NER analysts
- Access to an extensive database of equipment photographs and secondary PINs
- An insurance claims history search for each machine you review, including: damage history, theft recovery, and any other claim that would compromise the equipment’s safety or integrity
- A comprehensive UCC lien search, as well as determination of whether any liens have been satisfied
The IRONcheck Valuator provides accurate and credible values of construction, industrial, agricultural machinery, cranes and lifts. Each Valuator report includes both replacement cost value (RCV), actual cash value (ACV), and factory price estimates for the specific equipment type noted in requests. We also include equipment specifications, machine comparisons, and auction pricing specific to your region. And for an additional fee, service records may be available. Pricing varies depending on machine type, make, model and recorded service data available. Ready to get started? You can check pricing to understand what is available in each IRONcheck report level or run IRONcheck now.